Many homeowners feel that the kitchen is the most important room in the house when it comes to resale. However, studies have found that home buyers really think that a well-designed bathroom makes a home worth buying. While many house hunters are getting used to fabulous kitchens, bathrooms can still be an afterthought, so the truly marvelous stand out. Let’s examine how you can get your bathroom to be an inspirational design.
Low Cost /Low Effort Pick Me Ups:
- As usual a can of paint can make a huge difference in any room of your home, including the bathroom. What makes the bathroom design different is that you can do a brighter, bolder color in the bathroom even if the rest of your house is soothing neutrals. In general, you want your home to flow and color is the best way to do that. The exception is the bathroom. In here you can go wild!
- Wallpaper is the trend of 2020/2021 and the bathroom is the perfect place to use wallpaper as the focal point of your design. Even in a small powder room a large wallpaper pattern is not out of place. It says, “this is a creative home.”
- Don’t forget the towels. I am always disappointed when I walk into a gorgeous well-thought out bathroom and the towels don’t match or are just faded and old.
- Shelving over the toilet. This is an area that is often neglected. It can have a huge impact on your bathroom design. Recycled wood shelves can emphasize a modern farmhouse design and sleek white shelves can be the key to a modern bathroom statement.
High Cost/High Effort Revamps:
- Update your plumbing fixtures. The newest tones such as matte black or rose gold are classic and new at the same time. Your fixtures don’t even have to match. One style of transitional faucet for the sink and another for the shower gives your bathroom a design flair that shows you know how to mix and match.
- New tile on the floors can also add a statement to your bathroom. Patterned cement tile can be used with what many bathrooms already have in the shower, subway tile, to give the whole bathroom a farmhouse feel, envied by neighbors everywhere.
- While you are putting in the new floor tile, why not add radiant floor heating. Not only does this sound great in real-estate ads, the heat feels great on your feet on a cold winter morning.
- Of course, the best way to get a wonderful new bathroom design is to redesign and remodel your bathroom. This way you can make use of all the options available to you from tile to cabinetry to sinks and faucets. With a bathroom redesign I always recommend that you have an overall theme for your bathroom so you can narrow the huge number of options available to you. I suggest a one-word theme such as oasis, spa, farmhouse, eclectic, or my favorite, bold.
Contact Teknika For a Well-Designed Bathroom in Chestertown
A well-designed bathroom will give you enjoyment and give your resale price a boost. Teknika Kitchens and Baths’ designers will work with you to create the room that is just right for you. Contact us today for a consultation, or for more ideas about bathroom design, please visit our inspiration page.