Meet the Team
After a successful and varied 30-year career in sales, marketing, project management and finance, Amy decided to follow her dream of owning a creative, service oriented business and bought Teknika Kitchens and Baths. Teknika has been creating residential kitchens and baths for over 25 years. Amy’s focus at Teknika is ensuring that our clients get the best possible products and services available. She is also focused on making sure that Teknika Kitchens and Baths is here for our clients for the next 25 years…at least. She is busy coaching her son to take over the business. Amy earned her business stripes at Harvard Business School, Frito-Lay, Destination Maternity, Novartis and Foamex. Amy’s design skills are evident in Teknika’s showroom and her own kitchen and baths. What is even better is that her design talents now have the stamp of approval (accreditation) from NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association).
- Kitchen: An OK cook, I use my kitchen mainly for “hanging out,” entertaining, internet surfing. I try to lure good cooks to my impressive kitchen to give me “cooking lessons.” A great way to get a spectacular dinner and it helps me understand how different people use kitchen spaces.
- Master Bathroom: Big into the relaxing spa experience. After hours it is nice to relax in my own space. As I get older it is great to relax in my spa shower.
- Guest Bathroom: Fun and easy to clean. The guest bathroom is also my son’s and for some reason, teenagers seem to use a lot of toothpaste and get it all over.
- Dog vs. Cats: Both and bunnies (Maggie, Emerald, and Beau Bunny). Only Maggie the dog gets to come to the showroom.
- Why Chestertown: After living in a city for 25 years, I visited a friend who had moved to Chestertown recently and I couldn’t get the town out of my mind. With each visit, I was more enamored and after a year I made the move. I love the Eastern shore of Maryland.
Adopted by the Meade family in 2011 at 8 weeks old, Maggie spent her formative months learning to greet clients, the mailman, UPS and neighbors. Maggie is shy so she will say hi to everyone with a nervous wag and slow approach, unless she is woken up and then the only recourse is a loud bark. She takes her duties seriously which is why at times she needs days off at home to sleep all day.
- Kitchen: place to eat people food (preferred) or dog food if necessary.
- Bathroom: place to drink from toilet if someone leaves the seat up.
- Breed: mutt, mix of Catahoula Leopard Dog (state dog of Louisiana, who knew), black Labrador and Wheaten Terrier.
- Favorite Toy: Wuba Bubba. Loves squeakers and feels it is her mission to remove every squeaker from every toy on earth.
Title: Teknika’s Best Dog