Meet the Team
After a successful and varied 30-year career in sales, marketing, project management and finance, Amy decided to follow her dream of owning a creative, service oriented business and bought Teknika Kitchens and Baths. Teknika has been creating residential kitchens and baths for over 25 years. Amy’s focus at Teknika is ensuring that our clients get the best possible products and services available. She is also focused on making sure that Teknika Kitchens and Baths is here for our clients for the next 25 years…at least. She is busy coaching her son to take over the business. Amy earned her business stripes at Harvard Business School, Frito-Lay, Destination Maternity, Novartis and Foamex. Amy’s design skills are evident in Teknika’s showroom and her own kitchen and baths. What is even better is that her design talents now have the stamp of approval (accreditation) from NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association).
- Kitchen: An OK cook, I use my Philadelphia row house kitchen for “hanging out”, entertaining, internet surfing and homework (15-year-old son’s).
- Master Bathroom: Big into the relaxing spa experience. After hours of verbal wrestling to get son to do homework, it is nice to relax in my own space.
- Guest Bathroom: Fun and easy to clean. The guest bathroom is also my son’s and 12 year old boys appear to need a lot of toothpaste… all over.
- Dog vs. Cats: Both and bunnies (Maggie, Emerald and Beau Bunny). Only Maggie the dog gets to come to the showroom.
- Hometown: Philadelphia. After moving 20 times in 36 years, Amy has been in Philadelphia for 21 years and never intends to leave.
Marcella M. Huss, ASID
Marcy brings over 25 years of kitchen and bath design experience to Teknika Kitchens and Baths. Before coming to Teknika in 2009, she worked for The Purple Thumb, Inc., a kitchen and bathroom showroom in Somerdale, NJ. Marcy’s focus at Teknika is to guide clients from the preliminary design phase through to installation. She can take the smallest element a client gives her and create a space unique to their needs. Specialties include kosher kitchens which require the utmost attention to detail due to the requirements of the faith. Marcy is uniquely able to design kitchens and baths that are European contemporary or the ultimate traditional space with transitional kitchens and baths allowing elements of both styles. Marcy received her degree in Interior Design from The Art Institute of Philadelphia and is certified by the NCIDQ, National Council for Interior Design Qualification, and a member of ASID, The American Society of Interior Designers. Over the years in the business, she has developed a great rapport with contractors and oversees the Project Management service Teknika offers to their clients. The remodeling phase of any project can be daunting and Marcy does what she can to keep things running smoothly and as effortlessly as possible.
- Kitchen: Center of the home. It’s a place for cooking everyday dinners for two or gourmet Italian feasts for family events
- Master Bathroom: A calming retreat at the end of a long, busy day
- Guest Bathroom: Always ready for unexpected guests including all the “hotel” amenities.
- Dogs vs. Cats: DOGS – Yeager, their tri-colored Beagle rules the roost
- Hometown: “Jersey-girl” through and through. Born and raised in Collingswood, lived for 17 years in Cherry Hill and now resides in Delanco.
Title: Creative Director
Judy comes to Teknika from Eastern Kitchens and Baths where she worked for over 20 years as the showroom manager. This means she can juggle..running the office, assist clients with their design questions, manage contractors (she even knows contractor speak), get our client orders delivered on time to the correct place and keeping everyone happy while doing it all.
• Kitchen: Center of the home where friends and family gather. Often large gatherings since I am part of a close family with 10 siblings.
• Bath: Relaxation space, preferably in a bubble bath with champagne by my side.
• Dogs vs. Cats: Both. Bella my Shetland Sheepdog is my 3rd child. I also have two Grand dogs.
• Hometown: West Goshen which was in Money Magazine’s top 10 places to live in 2013.
Title: Showroom Manager – Broomall
Adopted by the Meade family in 2011 at 8 weeks old, Maggie spent her formative months learning to greet clients, the mailman, UPS and neighbors. Maggie is shy so she will say hi to everyone with a nervous wag and slow approach, unless she is woken up and then the only recourse is a loud bark. She takes her duties seriously which is why at times she needs days off at home to sleep all day.
- Kitchen: place to eat people food (preferred) or dog food if necessary.
- Bathroom: place to drink from toilet if someone leaves the seat up.
- Breed: mutt, mix of Catahoula Leopard Dog (state dog of Louisiana, who knew), black Labrador and Wheaten Terrier.
- Favorite Toy: Wuba Bubba. Loves squeakers and feels it is her mission to remove every squeaker from every toy on earth.
Title: Teknika’s Best Dog