Please click below for more information about our services:
Kitchen Renovations Do Not Have to Be Too Painful
You are worried about renovating your kitchen: the dust, the contractors that do not show up, the chaos, the changing schedule, and the people wandering in and out of your home. Kitchen renovations do not have to be that way.
So how do you change your Kitchen renovation experience? There are a number of things you can do before you remodel to avoid Kitchen renovation chaos.
- Make sure when you first start thinking about your renovation project, you think about timing. Do you have school breaks you want to avoid? Do you want to be home or on vacation for the most dust producing part of the renovation?
- Be prepared for dirt and dust. No matter how careful your contractor is about clean up and sealing off the kitchen from the rest of the house, there will be dust. Change your HVAC filters as soon as your kitchen renovation is completed.
- Make sure your contractor is experienced at project management as they are at remodeling. Ask questions about:
- Timing, how long the project will take, what is the longest lead time, what are the issues that affect timing?
- Subcontractors, who they are and how long they have worked with them?
- References, make sure to get them and make the calls, ask about how long ago they did their project. Too long ago and things might have changed.
- During the kitchen renovation, it’s a good opportunity to clean out your cabinets. Whether you are renovating your kitchen or bath, start packing up weeks before so you are not in a last-minute panic.
- Make sure to start your renovation preparation weeks before the project starts. Begin collecting coupons for restaurants or take out. Figure out how you are going to cook (or not) and wash up. The more preparation you do before you start the kitchen renovation process the more organized it will be.